Vice President, CECOF
European and International Furnace Standards
René Branders and Andrea Baio have vast collective experience in the development and practical application of industrial furnace standards. This presentation will uncover the current status of the evolving EN746 series of European safety standards and the progression of some of them to international ISO versions.
Andrea Baio has a Degree in Aerospace Engineering at Milan Polytechnic. He was employed at ESA S.p.A. from December 2003 and became the R&D Manager from October 2005 transferring to a technical Manager from September 2009.
H was also the project management of combustion processes at national and international level with development of new burner system, according to fuel saving and low emissions. Andrea Baio also has a technical background in Mechanical and Fluid Dynamics.
Now working for CECOF, his employment timeline is as follows:
- Technical Delegate for CECOF – The Italian Furnace Manufacturers Association from December 2016
- President of CICOF – The Italian Furnace Manufacturers Association from April 2019
- Vice President of CECOF - The European Committee of Industrial Furnace, Heating and Metallurgical Equipment Associations
- CEN/TC186 expert from February 2018
- ISO/TC244 expert from October 2019
- Convenor of the “GET – Hydrogen” for ANIMA - Confindustria (the Italian mechanical engineering industry Association) from July 2021